Compare light plans, switch and save up to thousands
These live rates were updated on . Pricing shown is based on an exact usage of 1000 KWh. Price includes all fees, and delivery charges.The plans shown correspond to Zip code – 77008.
Discount Power is a Texas electricity provider that launched in 2008 by veterans of the Texas energy industry, this Houston-based energy company delivers affordable electricity plans to residential and commercial properties throughout the Lonestar state.
With competitive pricing and fixed-rate plans, this dependable company of industry experts is recognized for its superior level of customer service and quality-driven approach to powering your homes and businesses.
Focused on offering customers more bang for their buck, Discount Power simplifies energy plans by making cost-effective plans with no hidden fees. Backed by a communicative customer support team that genuinely care, enrollment is easy and there are no surprises with these competitive rates!
A few of the advantages you will receive from becoming a cherished Discount Power customer includes but is not limited to:
- Affordable rates with highly-competitive pricing and regularly offered discounts and promotions
- An A+ rating from the BBB (Better Business Bureau) as of July 2020
- Customer support agents that actually support you, no robots transferring you in circles
- A month-to-month plan with $0 cancellation fees and no long term contract commitment
- Easy online services for auto-bill pay, so you don’t even have to think about your energy bill
- A simple portal that allows you to track and monitor your energy usage for the month
- No-fuss or frills, just reliable electricity to power your life!
Describing of their customer-centric approach:
“With Discount Power, we take care of the details, so you don’t have to. We have you covered.”
Discount Power’s Customer Philosophy:
Although customer service and hands-on support are things that everyone deserves to feel from their energy provider – Surveys and statistics show that most people do not feel valued, important, or well-taken care of by their energy company.
Discount Power is on a mission to change this.
Discount Power has a hand-crafted customer philosophy that is centered around the following core values and principles:
- Top-rated customer service representatives, eager to support you in any way
- More than 12-years of dedicated service to Texans backed by experts with decades of versatile experience in providing top-quality energy
- Keeping rates low with month-to-month
- Fixed rates so your lowest price is locked in, regardless of economic fluxations
- Bilingual agents that can assist you in either English or Spanish
- Making your energy company work FOR you instead of against you!
Areas Serviced by Discount Power
- AEP Texas Central: including Corpus Christi, McAllen, Harlingen, and Laredo.
- AEP Texas North: covering northern Texas including San Angelo, and Vernon.
- CenterPoint Energy: a large service area covering the Houston metropolitan area
- Oncor Electric Delivery: another large service area that incorporates Dallas, Piano, and Paris.
- Texas-New Mexico Power: this service area provides for residents of Houston, Dallas–Fort Worth, and Midland.
What Discount Power Customers Say:
A few testimonials directly from verified clients are –
- “Billing has been flawless using the Autopay feature, and I did receive a renewal notification via Email and when I logged into my account nearly 6 weeks before expiration. It’s pretty straight forward and easy to use, love the fixed rates.” – Chris S.
- “I am so grateful that Discount Power had an option for me to chat with someone when their regular business hours had closed! This afforded me the opportunity to reconnect service to my home.” – Josefina G.
- “I am very pleased with Discount Power. My bill has been almost cut into half. I recommend them to everyone and my 88 yr old parents, who find change hard. They just switched for the 1st time this year and are very pleased with their bill and customer service, as am I!!! – Renee W.
- “Discount Power has some of the best customer support people I have come across in a very long time. One thing that impressed me was their customer support team is here in America.
They solved my problem quickly and effortlessly. I also didn’t have to wait on hold for more than a minute.” – Paul W.
- “Affordable, reliable, and stable energy plans with great customer service.” Christopher A.
Discount Power Company Rating
According to the records of the Texas Public Utility Commission and Power to Choose, as of January 10, 2021 Discount Power has a company rating of 2 starts out of 5.
The company rating indicates the ratio of customer complaints a company has received in the past 6 months compared to other companies. The more stars a company has, the lower the complaint ratio.
This link takes you to the official customer complaint statistics for Discount Power as reported by Power to Choose, the official website of the Public Utility Commission of Texas
Chart showing trend in customer complaints for Discount Power Jul 2020 to Jan 2021 (Source: Texas PUC )
Any product, company, or organization names, marks or logos shown on this page are the property of their respective owners. EnerWisely is an unaffiliated, independent marketplace.
EnerWisely finds the electricity plans with the lowest cost based on your usage patterns
With EnerWisely, you are always in control; that is why it offers multiple ways to shop. However, when it comes to finding the best plan, customization based on your real consumption patterns is the key.
Because you use different appliances during different periods, your electricity consumption changes over time. Once you see your real usage trends, you will understand why using “an average consumption” might lead you to the wrong choices.
Instead, take advantage of EnerWisely Technology now. Use the FREE TOOL Energy MatchMaker and identify the electricity plan with the lowest cost based on your real usage patterns.
The process is 100% done online, so you get results within minutes. Most Texas homes already have smart meters installed by the utility companies; therefore, there is no need or extra cost for new devices.
Yeap, it complies with DataGuard, the standard for energy data privacy. Your savings don`t come at the cost of your privacy. So unlike other services, with us, your data is never sold or shared!
EnerWisely is the best free, smart, and easy way to compare energy rates in Texas.
HERE IS HOW IT WORKS:
1- First of all, signup for FREE to access EnerWisely’s powerful analytics. All you need is your address, meter number, and electricity provider name to securely access your home`s electric meter data.
2- Next, instantly see your real consumption patterns including seasonal changes, days vs. nights, and weekdays vs. weekends.
3- Then, evaluate the compatibility between all the plans in our database and your profile
4- Consequently, cut through the clutter with top recommendations ranked by matching scores based on each plan estimated total cost
5- In conclusion, order confidently to maximize your savings and get extra perks to stay on track.
EnerWisely Keeps Your Data Safe & Private.
EnerWisely uses 128-bit encryption to protect the transmission of your data to our site.
EnerWisely complies with the US Department of Energy DataGuard Privacy Standard.
Also, use EnerWisely and say goodbye to partial savings!
EnerWisely is more than an electricity shopping site. It is the only personalized energy management platform free for consumers in Texas.
Your full savings potential comes from finding the lowest costs electricity plan, and ALSO improving your energy efficiency. Since EnerWisely helps you with both, you finally have a way to stop missing out on savings.
With EnerWisely, you get the only service capable of analyzing your home features to evaluate your energy leaks and show you where and how to save more. Also, EnerWisely can show you the climate impact of your energy use.
In conclusion, when it comes to saving money and protecting the planet, there is no reason to compromise. With EnerWisely, your improvements in Energy Efficiency will always mean bigger money savings and lower emissions.
Discount Power Business Contact Information
Discount Power’s headquarters in Texas are located in:
910 Louisiana St 3rd floor, Houston, TX 77002
Report a Discount Power Outage
Discount Power is a REP and not a TDSP, so you will have to reach out your local area TDU to report a power outage:
- Oncor: 888-313-4747
- AEP: 866-223-8508
- CenterPoint Energy: 800-332-7143
- Texas New Mexico Power (TNMP): 888-866-7456
- Sharyland Utilities: 800-545-4513
Find your right Electricity Plan: Use your Power to Choose Wisely!
You’re unique & So is Your Energy
So, Go beyond cookie cutter solutions. Make smarter, personalized energy decisions based on your own real usage profile.
You’re In Charge.